GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED is an ISO-9001: 2000 certified company specializing in the manufacturing of quality windows and doors for over fifty (50) years. We use only selected quality materials and expert workmanship in the best tradition of the trade and we are proud of the fact that we offer one of the most comprehensive warranties in our industry. To ensure that our products perform to the standards we have established they must be properly installed, used and maintained.
This warranty is effective on doors and windows ordered subsequent to January 01, 2009 and supercedes any and all prior published warranties.
Twenty (20) Year Transferable Limited Warranty
For a period of twenty (20) years from the original date of purchase and under normal conditions, GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED extends a limited warranty for seal failure causing impaired vision due to moisture, film or dust between the glass on all insulating glass units it manufactures up to the maximum size identified in it's current product catalogue.
Insulating glass units not manufactured by GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED such as decorative door lites or large custom sizes carry the manufacturer's warranty against seal failures.
This warranty is void if the units are cracked or broken from any cause or upon the application of after market film applied on the glass.
Colour matching or exact pattern matching cannot be guaranteed on specialty glasses such as Low E, various tinted varieties and patterns such as obscure, glue chip or acid etch.
Materials and Workmanship:
GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED warrants its products, subject to the conditions and limitations as set forth below, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED shall, at its complete discretion either repair or replace non-conforming materials or workmanship.
Any component GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED determines to be defective in material or workmanship, occurring within the first twenty-four (24) months of the original purchase date will be repaired or replaced solely at its expense.
Any component GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED determines to be defective in material or workmanship occurring after the first twenty-four (24) months and up to the ten (10) year period from the original purchase date, it will supply the component to the customer on a no charge basis. The component will be shipped freight prepaid to the original location: or for a reasonable service charge GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED will complete the repairs.
Due to normal weathering, coloured aluminum and vinyl products are subject to varying degrees of fading. This fading is beyond GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED'S control and does not constitute a defect. Therefore GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED can not guarantee an exact colour match in the event a component or product is repaired or replaced under this warranty.
Exclusions and Limitations:
- This warranty covers only manufacturing and material defects as specified herein. It does not include defects or damages attributable to faulty or improper installation; normal weathering; defects caused by accident, fire, flood, acts of God, vandalism, riot, or civil disorder; misuse; abuse by harmful fumes, vapours, solvents, chemicals or chemical pollutants in the atmosphere; mildew, building settlement or structural failure of walls or foundations or any other condition beyond GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED'S control.
- Texture and colour variations in wood components do not constitute material defects.
- GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED will not be responsible in any event, for removal, painting, refinishing or similar activities connected with glass or component replacement or repair.
- GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products, including the colour thereof, without giving notice. If GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED replaces any product under this warranty, it may substitute products, which are designated by GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED to be of comparable quality or price range in the event the product initially purchased has been discontinued or modified.
- The warranty on replacement product or components will be limited to the remainder of the warranty period of the original unit.
- In no event shall GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED be liable for consequential or incidental damage in any amount and its liability shall, in all instances be limited to repair, replacement or refund of the actual original purchase price of the defective unit.
- Condensation of the interior (room side) glass surface is a sign of high humidity caused by conditions within the building and beyond GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED'S control. GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED will accept no responsibility for the appearance, operation or performance of its product due to condensation problems. Information on how to control condensation is available upon request.
- It is the homeowner or builders responsibility to properly care for and protect woodwork before, during and immediately after installation. Unprotected wood will deteriorate without proper care and maintenance. GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED specifically excludes units that deteriorate as a result of such improper care.
- The original purchase date will be the date the product was delivered to the original address supplied by the purchaser or date of pick up by the purchaser.
- In cases of warpage of less than ¼" in the plane of the door itself (not in relation to the frame and/or jamb), GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED reserves the right to require a period of one (1) year with the door in place before honouring any warpage claim as doors often revert to plane.
- Due to the fragile nature of grilles between the glass our warranty is limited to our standard catalogue sizes. Grilles touching the glass or rattling do not constitute a defect. Larger sizes can be supplied without a warranty upon signed approval by the customer. Order confirmations and quotes will specify these conditions.
Purchased Replacement Parts and Insulating Glass:
Insulating glass units or sash purchased for product that is out of warranty will be warranted for two-(2) years from date of installation only if it is installed by our factory trained technicians.
Replacement parts (excluding insulating glass or sash) purchased will be warranted for a one-(1) year period from date of purchase.
Some Useful Tips:
- Clean all operating hardware, hinges and tracks on a regular basis and lubricate lightly with silicone spray or light oil.
- Do not clean glass or other finishes with abrasive material or cleaners.
- Clean vinyl surfaces with mild soap and water.
- An application of automotive paste wax may renew the lustre of aluminum cladding.
- We recommend the removal of interior screens during the winter months to reduce potential condensation problems.
- Care should be taken to ensure weather-stripping and hardware is not painted over which will result in them not performing as intended and does not constitute a manufacturing defect.
- Inspect face caulking annually to ensure proper seal against the glass.
- Inspect the caulking sealing the window or door against the building annually and replace or repair any area that is cracked to prevent leaking.
- Do not cover or deflect floor registers that are placed under windows. These registers keep air flowing over the windows helping to reduce condensation build up on the glass.
How to Make a Claim:
Contact: Golden Windows Limited
Customer Service Department
888 Guelph Street
Telephone: (519) 772-0526
FAX: (519) 772-0528
Toll Free 877 - 293-7850
When you are making a claim we will require the following information:
- Identify the product that is involved
- The date of purchase and /or installation
- Your name and the name of the contractor or installer
- A complete description of the defect
- The address where the product can be inspected (Include original Lot number that can be found on your Municipal tax bill)
- The telephone number(s) where you can be reached
- Original invoice number(s)
Failure to provide this information may result in a delay in processing your request.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, which are in addition to any other rights you may have and which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The limited warranties set forth in this document are the only warranties (whether written or oral) applicable to GOLDEN WINDOWS LIMITED products and no one is authorized to modify or expand these written warranties.
Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or of how long an implied warranty lasts, therefore the limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Any question as to the interpretation or application of this warranty shall be determined by the courts of Ontario.
In the event of a warranty claim, Golden Windows Limited reserves the right to inspect the product within sixty (60) days of the date of the claim and prior to authorizing or approving any warranty repairs or replacements. Warranty claims for product installed in new homes will be inspected and repaired in compliance with the Ontario New Home Warranty Program requirements.